Sunday, January 27, 2008

Herons

After last night's fireball sunset in London, I was hoping for a repeat this evening for some silhouette images, but would any birds be in the right position? Luckily, on my first attempt, I managed a pleasing image of a heron leaving its perch on a London Plane tree against the setting sun around 1700h. Not as intense as yesterday but a nice colour nonetheless. I will definitely attempt more of this type of shot in the year ahead. The herons are busy building and probably incubating with many birds active in flight.

4 comments:

Warren Baker said...

Nice work there fraser. makes My shots look like a child took 'em!! I'll put a link to your site on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Stunning shots!

Robert

Unknown said...

The first one is the most fantastic!

Fraser Simpson said...

Thanks Ningning.